Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Busy busy busy!

What a great week last week!  I was privileged to read to the Harpursville, NY sixth grade class where I got to answer some really great questions, including "Do you like cheese?"  (I answered 'yes' for everyone that was curious)  Then, the next day, I read to not one, but two classes at Jenny F. Snapp middle school in Endicott.  I was met with a gasp from the students as I walked through the classroom door.  Apparently, they were excited to see me.  Usually if I get a gasp when I walk through a door, I have either done something wrong or I forgot to button or zip something, so this was a pleasant change.  I ended up on the school's web site, so if you want to read the article, you can go here... http://www.uek12.org/protected/ArticleView.aspx?iid=4Y022&dasi=2GI  It was so much fun and I had the pleasure of donating a copy of the book to the school library.

Then, my first book signing happened at River Read Books in Binghamton, NY.  First I need to mention how great of a store River Read is and if you are ever in the greater Binghamton area, stop by and visit them.  Unfortunately, the 6 to 8 inches of snow that day kept a lot of people away.  Still, I was able to sell quite a few books, and the people who did stop by were welcomed with smiles and open arms.

The holidays are quickly approaching, so perhaps Jason and the Draconauts would be a great gift for that reader in your life!  

And who knows, maybe we will get another book signing scheduled soon, like...I don't know...the first week of January?  (That was a spoiler...stay tuned)

Oh, and Chris Pousser...the guy who drew quite a few of the dragons from the story...yeah, I just contacted him for, well, that would be telling now, wouldn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment