Friday, September 5, 2014

I'm baaaack...

It has been a long time, friends. Summer is over, I've had some book signings and sales events, but ultimately, I think the reason I have been kind of silent lately is that I have been discouraged. I'm sure this is fairly normal when one is trying to get one's name out there, but it is tiring and knocks you down on many occasions. I can understand the value of traditional publishing; you have people with contacts and marketing and you can focus on writing. But when you are marketing, and it isn't going well, you (and by you I mean me) lose the drive to actually write.  Maybe know that the craziness of summer is over and a more normal life routine can be established I can get back to writing. Maybe.

Nevertheless, I'm still plugging away at Council of Ancients, but it is going a lot more slowly. I'm 12 chapters in, and am struggling with the pacing; Is it going fast enough to keep readers interested without skimping on story? I'll just keep plugging away and stick to the plan. Thanks for following me and I really hope to be out of this rut soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment